Upon completion of the course, students should:
- Understand the importance of using electronic databases to access up-to-date research.
- Have a broad understanding of how information and research is organised in electronic databases and how to access this via effective use of search.
- be familiar with electronic databases available through the Library.
- identify databases that are relevant for specific field of research.
- Locate databases most relevant for a specific field of research.
- Be able to formulate a logical and effective search strategy.
- Be able tor refine searches by sorting search results.
- Maximise relevance of search results by combining/limiting searches in various ways (eg. word combinations, publication year, full text article search).
- Identify the export function for referance data in a given database.