- All library users must bring their library card. Students can use their valid student card. Staff can use their key card. Other borrowers may receive a library card upon production of valid identification.
- The borrower is personally responsible for the borrowed items. Library material is not to be handed over to other persons.
- The loss of a library card must be reported to the library (to avoid misuse).
- The borrower is obliged to inform the library about any changes of name and/or address, and to provide his/her correct e-mail address to the library.
- Ordinary loans: 4 weeks for books, 14 days for periodicals. Other materials may have different loan periods.
- The borrower is obliged to return or to renew the items within the borrowing period. Returned material is to be put on the counter in the library or through the hole in the wall marked “INNLEVERING”.
- The library can provide a receipt for returned items upon request.
- Ordinary loan items may be renewed three times if there are no reservations (this does not apply to overnight loans).
- Reserved books (i.e. books with a waiting list) can only be borrowed for 2 weeks.
- The borrower can have a maximum of 35 items on loan/reservation at the same time, including 10 items from other libraries.
- Overnight loans must be returned before 08.00 a.m. the next day.
- Reservations can be made for books while they are on loan to other borrowers (except for books on overnight loans). Reserved books must be collected within 7 days. Messages concerning available reservations will be sent by SMS, e-mail, or by post.
- Postage expenses for sending items to a borrower are paid by the library. The borrower is responsible for return expenses.
- Items from other libraries are borrowed on the terms of the originating library.
- The interlibrary loan service is available only to students and staff at the University of Nordland.
- 1st and 2nd recall on overdue loans are sent by e-mail (post if there is no e-mail address). 3rd recall is sent by post. Fines are charged on the 2nd and 3rd recalls.
- In the case of unreturned, lost or damaged material, the borrower is liable to pay expenses associated with repairing or replacing the item, including a minimum amount for compensation detailed below.
- Anyone who has infringed the library rules is not permitted to borrow until overdue material has been returned and fines have been paid.
Fines and Liability for Compensation
- 2nd and 3rd recalls will be fined at the rate of NOK 25 per item per recall. In addition, the borrower will not be permitted to borrow until overdue items have been returned and fines have been paid.
- In the case of overdue overnight loans, the borrower will be barred from borrowing until the overdue item is returned and the fines paid.
- After the 3rd claim for material, there will be a claim for compensation amounting to a minimum of NOK 500 per document. In addition, there is an administration fee of NOK 250 per invoice. Administration fees must be paid regardless of return of the documents. At this stage, the case is handled by the University accounts department.
- Invoices that remain unpaid are referred to a debt-collection agency.