Books and periodicals in Bibsys Ask
- Locate the book or periodical in Bibsys Ask
- Check UBiNs holdings. The library does not retrieve or reserve books available on the shelves
- Click Order/Reserve
- Enter your patron ID and last name (Your patron ID is located on the back of your student card)
- Click submit order/reservation.
Once a reserved or requested book becomes available, you will receive an email or a text message. The book will then be available to collect for 7 days. If you do not collect the book, it will be returned to the shelves.
Reservations/requests for items in UBiNs collection are loaned out from the date of collection.
Requests for copies of e-resources in UBiNs own collection will not be processed. To obtain a copy of an online resource from UBiNs collection, please use your student card to print and/or copy documents.
If you are unable to find the item you are looking for in Bibsys Ask, click Would you like to order a document not present in the library database?, and complete the request form.
Articles from Databases and E-Journals
All databases and e-journals are available from the library homepage when you are on campus.
- Search the relevant database
- When you have found an article, click on the button or other full text button.
- If UBiN has the journal in an electronic version, you will have access via 360 link to the full text
- If not, select Search the Library Catalogue or Submit Interlibrary Loan Request and you will return to the request page of Bibsys.
- Enter your details and Submit Order.
- NB: Students are liable to pay fees for interlibrary loan requests for articles (electronic and printed). The standard cost is NOK 60 per article.
Contact UBiN for further assistance.