You can request books and articles from both UiN branches and other research libraries around Norway.
Follow the instructions under Requesting and Reserving Items but be aware of the following limitations:
- Items with labels such as not for loan (sperret for utlån), one day loan (dagslån), archive (arkiv) or curriculum (pensumbiblioteket) cannot be loaned out between libraries.
- Interlibrary loans have different loan terms, including:
- Shorter loan periods
- Restrictions on renewal
- Maximum of 10 interlibrary loans at any one time.
- The library does not accept interlibrary loan requests for periodicals.
- Requests for articles from periodicals held at other libraries are charged at a fee of NOK 60 per article.
Check/specify the following details:
- Title and author. Ensure that you are requesting the right book.
- UBiN holdings. The library does not retrieve or reserve books available on the shelves.
- For articles – specify the publication name, author and year as well as volume, issue and page numbers.
- For yearbooks and annual reports – specify the year and volume/issue numbers.